Monday, September 27, 2010

What's in your art kit?

On the "Maken Art" blog, the question was posed.. What is in your kit? 

I carry entirely too many art supplies daily.  I usually tote around a full backpack of various items to entertain me throughout the day.
Shown here is what I usually have on hand:
  • 1 or 2 sketchbooks with a few different types of paper inserted throughout
  • Cigar box of ~80 assorted Prismacolor Pencils
  • Prismacolor fine line markers .005-.8
  • Grey set of brush tip pens
  • Glue stick & tape
  • Scissors
  • Prismacolor blender markers
  • Copic 12 pc set of Cool Grey .Too Markers
  • Zig Pigment Ink Markers .05 in a handful of colors
  • A couple of different mechanical pencils
  • Mini electric eraser
  • 2 clear flexible rullers
  • Retractable X-acto knife
  • Creatacolor 12 pc Graphit Selection
  •  Erasers and sharpener
  • Sharpie Marker and Pen
I almost always have these items with me. Tee hee. Because you really never know when that inspiration will hit. Occasionally a few items will be swapped out for others such as watercolor or inking supplies but I try to only use those at home for convenience.  What are your essentials??

1 comment:

Ashton said...

I forgot to mention the handful of Sakura Microns in various sizes that are in that blue case..

Post a Comment