Saturday, February 5, 2011

Yes, yes I know. It's been a long time so here are some updates!

Much like a large portion of the US, I am in an area that has been hit by uncharacteristically cold weather.  The temperature dropped quite quickly, which is something El Paso is not prepared for in any capacity.  There were even 2 days this week that I legitimately took off from work.  Today, perhaps the warmest day we seen all week, was kind of a nightmare.

Yesterday while we were out at work then my "hub's" symphony rehearsal, the pipes in our apartment froze so we came home to no water.  Much of today was without water but then late in the afternoon it was back!  We had only just started cheering when we looked out at the patio and found that pipes around the wash room at our entire apartment complex had busted.  Ack!  Luckily we were able to prevent some damage that might have occurred had we kept our original plans today.

They ended up turning off all the water again until tomorrow.  I'm tired and all I want to do is sleep now or drink. LOL Drinking is probably not a good idea either seeing as it promotes a lot of urination and we only have so much water put aside for flushing.  Ah, the sacrifices we must make.  I guess doing watercolor painting is probably not a great idea either. LOL Maybe I'll do some marker art.  I hope all of you are doing well and coping with the extreme weather better. 

Much love and happiness to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment